Friday, August 11, 2006

Home Again


Left work a little early today, only worked 81/2 hrs. Figure with thunderstorms likely I'll get called out this wknd. I saw one of my Scouts today. I was a Scoutmaster for 8 or 9 years and I occasionally run into one of the boys all grown up. Most of them turned out OK. Hope I helped that to happen. When they realize who I am they always seem to light up, makes you feel really proud to have that effect on someone. Totally undeserved, most of the time I didn't have a clue. One of the things I remember about being in Scouting is that the boys ALWAYS put pinholes in the styrofoam coffee cups. They also would ask you about EVERYTHING, even the stuff they already knew. It's like they were looking for someone older to confirm what they suspected. I'm getting misty thinking about it. I was always so inconcievably busy back then but it was a great experience. Both my sons made Eagle, two of the proudest moments of my life. Thought you might like this pic, everything you need for a big weekend.

No comments: