Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Fresh Start

I saw an old and dear friend today. This person has always been his own boss and recently had to close his business and work for someone else. Glad to report that he is adjusting well and is happy in his new position as employee instead of employer.
I never really wanted the responsibility of employer. I am relied upon by quite a few people but I don't have the onus of providing payroll for others. The responsibility I shoulder is more than enough thank you.
I visited my dad today. He is resting on a hillside overlooking a peaceful lake in the country. He shares the hillside with a lot of other veterans. That particular section is reserved for veterans and their families. I may try to buy myself a place there. I had a long talk with dad about recent events in the family and even though I really bungled some things I think he would approve of the way I've tried to correct it. Dad was always a lot more understanding than almost anyone I know. He would have a bemused look and then come out with advice that reflected a wisdom far beyond his limited formal education. Shows that observation is often far superior to education. I like to think that I can judge events with both experience and education. I just wish I had the wisdom he had. thanks for reading.

No comments: