Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Strange Things



Here's a couple of plane pics I found that I thought were really funny. The bottom one is a good reason to avoid flying.
I had a really frustrating day today. I spent 5 hours troubleshooting one gas pump and still didn't fix it. When I headed home tonite one of the other men called and said he had been there a couple of hours and wasn't having a lot of luck either. This guy has been doing this 20 years so it made me feel better to know even experiece doesn't always make a difference.
We had a pump at one store give problems for a couple of months once. Finally I opened it up and spent a couple of hours poking at it. I found a 16 gauge wire melted in a wire harness. It was hidden behind the other wires and was just making enough contact to work until it got heated up.
Sometimes the obvious is hidden by false perceptions. We thought this pump had control board problems and all along it was a fried wire.
People are like that too. Someone gives you grief over a small issue and you think maybe they are mad at you. Later you find that this person has a personal problem that is really eating at them and they didn't realize how strongly they reacted to the small issue.
Cherish your relationships and make the most of each one. Life is too short to miss out on any good experiences. Thanks for reading.

No comments: