Friday, January 19, 2007


I traveled to Columbia, SC today to repair some cash acceptors in 5 of our gas pumps. We have to make this trip about once a month. People are constantly trying to cheat the machines and subsequently we have to repair them regularly. Our company is very customer oriented and the pay at pump is one our big sell features.

When I returned to Greenville I had to trouble shoot a pump that was pumping slow on Prem only on both sides. Turned out to be a control board issue. I popped in the software and powered up the pump. Shazam! I put the software in backwards and fried it. Had to wait around about 30 minutes while another tech brought me a replacement.

Lady called me over while I was working on this pump and demanded to know why her pump wasn't working. Turns out she hadn't paid yet, our pumps are all prepay. We used to trust people but even the little old ladies will drive off nowadays.
Thanks for reading.

No comments: